Jump to Main Content
- Marz, Manja, et al. Show all 17 Authors
- Systematic and applied microbiology 2014 v.37 no.2 pp. 79-88
- Chlamydia; epidemiological studies; flocks; genes; monophyly; multilocus sequence typing; new species; pathogens; pigeons; poultry; ribosomal RNA
- ... The family Chlamydiaceae with the recombined single genus Chlamydia currently comprises nine species, all of which are obligate intracellular organisms distinguished by a unique biphasic developmental cycle. Anecdotal evidence from epidemiological surveys in flocks of poultry, pigeons and psittacine birds have indicated the presence of non-classified chlamydial strains, some of which may act as pa ...
- Marz, Manja, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Nucleic acids research 2009 v.37 no.5 pp. 1602-1615
- Trichoplax adhaerens; dynamic programming; genes; microRNA; non-coding RNA; ribonucleases; ribosomal RNA; small nuclear RNA; spliceosomes; transfer RNA
- ... A detailed annotation of non-protein coding RNAs is typically missing in initial releases of newly sequenced genomes. Here we report on a comprehensive ncRNA annotation of the genome of Trichoplax adhaerens, the presumably most basal metazoan whose genome has been published to-date. Since blast identified only a small fraction of the best-conserved ncRNAs--in particular rRNAs, tRNAs and some snRNA ...
- PubMed Central:
- Marz, Manja, et al. Show all 72 Authors
- Meleagris gallopavo; Taeniopygia guttata; chickens; chromosomes; cost effectiveness; evolution; gene deletion; genes; genetic variation; genome assembly; heterozygosity; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; immune system; mammals; models; non-coding RNA; nucleotide sequences; quantitative traits; turkeys
- ... A synergistic combination of two next-generation sequencing platforms with a detailed comparative BAC physical contig map provided a cost-effective assembly of the genome sequence of the domestic turkey (Meleagris gallopavo). Heterozygosity of the sequenced source genome allowed discovery of more than 600,000 high quality single nucleotide variants. Despite this heterozygosity, the current genome ...
- PubMed Central: