Jump to Main Content
- Owusu-Dabo, Ellis, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2018 v.217 pp. 7-12
- Escherichia coli; Klebsiella pneumoniae; agar; animal husbandry; antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; beta-lactamase; chicken meat; genes; humans; markets; monitoring; multilocus sequence typing; multiple drug resistance; pathogens; phenotype; poultry; screening; Ghana
- ... Antibiotic use in animal husbandry has raised concerns on the spread of resistant bacteria. Currently animal products are traded globally with unprecedented ease, which has been challenging the control of antimicrobial resistance. This study aims to detect and characterize extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL)-producing Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae from imported and locally produce ...
- Owusu-Dabo, Ellis, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2016 v.9 no.1 pp. 633
- Anopheles gambiae; World Health Organization; acetylcholinesterase; adults; carbamates; farms; genes; insect vectors; insecticide resistance; insecticides; irrigation; larvae; malaria; mutants; mutation; organophosphorus compounds; pesticide application; pyrethrins; vegetables; Ghana
- ... BACKGROUND: There have been recent reports of surge in resistance to insecticides in pocketed areas in Ghana necessitating the need for information about local vector populations and their resistance to the insecticides approved by the World Health Organization (WHO). We therefore studied a population of malaria vectors from Kumasi in the Ashanti Region of Ghana and their resistance to currently u ...
- PubMed Central: