Jump to Main Content
- Takasugi , Tomoaki, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Plant signaling & behavior 2011 v.6 no.6 pp. 887-888
- acetyltransferases; auxins; carbon; epicuticular wax; fatty acid composition; genes; leaves; loss-of-function mutation; mutants; plant development; rice
- ... VLCFAs are the main components of cuticular wax, which covers and protects plants from physical and biological stresses. However, the effect of fatty acid composition or the physiological role of VLCFAs on plant development under normal growth conditions is not well understood. We analyzed loss-of-function mutants of ONION1 (ONI1) which encodes fatty acid elongase (β-ketoacyl CoA synthase) catalyz ...
- PubMed Central:
- Takasugi, Tomoaki, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Plant science 2010 v.178 no.5 pp. 424-428
- Oryza sativa; rice; gene expression; genes; auxins; transport proteins; phylogeny; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; nucleotide sequences; gene expression regulation; shoots; plant vascular system; leaves; translocation (plant physiology)
- ... We identified 12 PIN genes in rice which encode efflux carrier proteins of phytohormone auxin. Phytogenetic analysis showed that 11 genes were categorized into branches with Arabidopsis PIN genes and one had no close homologue in Arabidopsis. RT-PCR analysis showed expression of 10 PIN genes in various organs depending on genes. No expression of OsPIN3b was detected in the organs examined. OsPIN1b ...