Jump to Main Content
- Yamada, Yoshiji, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Molecular biology reports 2014 v.41 no.5 pp. 3113-3125
- G-proteins; body mass index; genes; haplotypes; hypertension; linear models; meta-analysis; obesity; phenotype; risk factors
- ... The objective of the present study was to review previous investigations on the association of haplotypes in the G-protein β3 subunit (GNB3) gene with representative cardiovascular risk factors/phenotypes: hypertension, overweight, and variation in the systolic and diastolic blood pressures (SBP and DBP, respectively) and as well as body mass index (BMI). A comprehensive literature search was unde ...
- Yamada, Yoshiji, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Nutrition & metabolism 2012 v.9 no.1 pp. 506
- animal models; animal proteins; catalytic activity; desorption; electron transfer; endoplasmic reticulum; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; genetic background; humans; ion channels; ion transport; ionization; lipid metabolism; liver protein; mass spectrometry; messenger RNA; metabolic studies; metabolic syndrome; obesity; pathogenesis; protein folding; rats; transcriptomics; transporters; two-dimensional gel electrophoresis; unfolded protein response
- ... BACKGROUND: It is difficult to study the mechanisms of the metabolic syndrome in humans due to the heterogeneous genetic background and lifestyle. The present study investigated changes in the gene and protein profiles in an animal model of the metabolic syndrome to identify the molecular targets associated with the pathogenesis and progression of obesity related to the metabolic syndrome. METHODS ...
- PubMed Central: