Jump to Main Content
- Sharma, Cynthia M, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Current Opinion in Microbiology 2014 v.19 pp. 97-105
- Helicobacter pylori; eukaryotic cells; gene expression regulation; genetic engineering; non-coding RNA; operon; pathogens; prokaryotic cells; qualitative analysis; sequence analysis; transcription (genetics); transcriptome; transcriptomics
- ... RNA-sequencing has revolutionized the quantitative and qualitative analysis of transcriptomes in both prokaryotes and eukaryotes. It provides a generic approach for gene expression profiling, annotation of transcript boundaries and operons, as well as identifying novel transcripts including small noncoding RNA molecules and antisense RNAs. We recently developed a differential RNA-seq (dRNA-seq) me ...
- Sharma, Cynthia M, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Genome biology 2011 v.12 no.10 pp. 2689
- Chlamydia; Chlamydophila pneumoniae; RNA; bacteria; complementary DNA; genetic engineering; nucleotide sequences; operon; pathogens; transcription (genetics); transcriptome
- ... BACKGROUND: Gene function analysis of the obligate intracellular bacterium Chlamydia pneumoniae is hampered by the facts that this organism is inaccessible to genetic manipulations and not cultivable outside the host. The genomes of several strains have been sequenced; however, very little information is available on the gene structure and transcriptome of C. pneumoniae. RESULTS: Using a different ...
- PubMed Central:
- Sharma, Cynthia M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Nucleic acids research 2010 v.38 no.3 pp. 868-877
- Chlamydia trachomatis; bacteria; complementary DNA; genes; genetic engineering; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; non-coding RNA; nucleotide sequences; pathogens; transcription (genetics); transcriptome
- ... Chlamydia trachomatis is an obligate intracellular pathogenic bacterium that has been refractory to genetic manipulations. Although the genomes of several strains have been sequenced, very little information is available on the gene structure of these bacteria. We used deep sequencing to define the transcriptome of purified elementary bodies (EB) and reticulate bodies (RB) of C. trachomatis L2b, r ...
- PubMed Central: