Jump to Main Content
- Qiu, J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant growth regulation 2005 v.47 no.1 pp. 75-81
- films (materials); seed germination; cultivars; seedling growth; seeds; uniconazole; catalase; catechol oxidase; superoxide dismutase; genetic variation; water stress; Brassica napus; flooded conditions; enzyme activity; antioxidants; rapeseed; stress tolerance
- ... Waterlogging is an important constraint of global production of rape. The effects of seed film coating with 0.0075% uniconazole on the growth and physiology was investigated using seedlings from three varieties of rape (Brassica napus L.) subjected to waterlogging. While seed coating with uniconazole had no significant effect on germination percentage during waterlogging stress, it enhanced root v ...
- Qiu, J. K., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Animal genetics 2014 v.45 no.2 pp. 205-214
- Porcine circovirus-2; alleles; animal health; average daily gain; etiological agents; genetic relationships; genetic variation; genomics; immune response; immunoglobulin G; immunoglobulin M; phenotypic variation; single nucleotide polymorphism; swine; viral load; viremia; weight gain
- ... Porcine circovirus type 2 (PCV2) is the etiological agent of a group of associated diseases (PCVAD) that affect production efficiency and can lead to mortality. Using different crossbred lines of pigs, we analyzed host genetic variation of viral load, immune response and weight change following experimental infection with a PCV2b strain (n = 386). Pigs expressed variation in the magnitude and init ...
- Qiu, J., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Crop science 1995 v.35 no.1 pp. 237-241
- germplasm; seed germination; sowing date; soil temperature; Lespedeza cuneata; genotype; genetic variation
- ... Poor and slow seed germination are major problems in growing sericea lespedeza [Lespedeza cuneata (Dumont de Courset) G. Don.]. Knowledge about the temperatures for optimum seed germination is vital to selecting the best seeding date for this forage legume. The objectives of this study were to determine the variability of sericea lespedeza germplasm for germination under several temperatures and t ...