Jump to Main Content
- Coelho, Nelson C., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of applied phycology 2016 v.28 no.5 pp. 3071-3074
- Saccharina latissima; alleles; coasts; farming systems; genetic markers; genetic variation; genomic libraries; indigenous species; industry; loci; macroalgae; microsatellite repeats; phylogeography; population dynamics; species diversity; sugars
- ... Saccharina latissima is an ecologically and economically important kelp species native to the coastal regions of the Northern Hemisphere. This species has considerable phylogeographic structure and morphological plasticity, but lack of resolution of available genetic markers prevents a finer characterization of its genetic diversity and structure. Here, we describe 12 microsatellite loci identifie ...
- Coelho, Nélson C., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Conservation genetics 2009 v.10 no.6 pp. 1915-1917
- Macrocystis pyrifera; alleles; ecology; genomic libraries; loci; macroalgae; microsatellite repeats; population genetics; screening
- ... We report the isolation and characterization of 16 microsatellite loci to study the population genetics of the giant kelp, Macrocystis pyrifera. Markers were obtained by screening a genomic library enriched for microsatellite motifs. Of the 37 primer pairs defined, 16 amplified clean polymorphic microsatellites and are described. These loci identified a number of alleles ranging from three to fort ...