Jump to Main Content
- Morgounov, Alexey I., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of cereal science 2019 v.85 pp. 305-309
- alleles; breadmaking quality; breeding; chromosome translocation; chromosomes; gene overexpression; genetic markers; genotype; germplasm; germplasm screening; glutenins; hexaploidy; landraces; polymerase chain reaction; wheat
- ... We developed and validated high-throughput Kompetitive Allele-Specific PCR (KASP) assays for key genes underpinning bread-making quality, including the wbm gene on chromosome 7AL and over-expressed glutenin Bx7OE (Glu-B1al) gene. Additionally, we used pre-existing KASP assay for Sec1 (1B.1R translocation) gene on chromosome 1B. The newly developed KASP assays were compared with gel-based markers f ...
- Morgounov, Alexey I., et al. Show all 21 Authors
- Sustainability 2018 v.10 no.4
- Hordeum vulgare; Secale cereale; Thinopyrum elongatum; Thinopyrum intermedium; Thinopyrum ponticum; Triticum aestivum; Triticum turgidum; barley; breeding programs; cultivars; durum wheat; genotype; genotype-environment interaction; hexaploidy; hybrids; latitude; longevity; models; parentage; parents; pedigree; perennial grasses; phenology; plant breeding; rye; summer; tetraploidy; winter; world markets
- ... A network of 21 experiments was established across nine countries on four continents and spanning both hemispheres, to evaluate the relative performance of early generation perennial cereal material derived from wheat, rye, and barley and to inform future breeding strategies. The experimental lines were grown in replicated single rows, and first year production and phenology characteristics as wel ...