Jump to Main Content
- Yao, Xiaoyou, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Canadian journal of soil science 2019 v.99 no.3 pp. 321-333
- geographic information systems; land use; local government; models; prediction; soil erosion; vegetation cover
- ... An error-free and fast approach for the identification of the area dynamics of soil erosion intensity (SEI) is essential for local governments. In this study, a simple method combination of the vegetation cover, gradient slope, and land use coupling index (vegetation and slope coupling index) model with field sampling unit schemes was explored to estimate the area variations of SEI between the yea ...
- Yao, Xiaoyou, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Catena 2013 v.101 pp. 92-98
- anthropogenic activities; ecosystem engineering; geographic information systems; remote sensing; soil; topography; vegetation; water erosion; water quality; China
- ... Soil erosion reduces crop productivity and creates negative impacts on water quality. Soil erosion by water has become a problem worldwide and as concerns about the environment continue to grow, soil erosion remains a very active area of scientific research. In this study, based on advanced remote sensing and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technologies, the influences of precipitation, soil, ...