Jump to Main Content
- Pons-Branchu, Edwige, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Engineering geology 2020 v.265 pp. 105441
- Pleistocene epoch; accelerometers; basins; corals; earthquakes; geometry; geophysics; mathematical models; radionuclides; subduction; surveys; thorium; uranium; Greece
- ... This work is a multidisciplinary approach from geological and geophysical surveys to build a 3D geological model of Argostoli Basin (Cephalonia Island, Greece) aiming to be used for computational 3D simulation of seismic motion. Cephalonia Island is located at the north-western end of the Aegean subduction frontal thrust that is linked to the dextral Cephalonia Transform Fault (west of Cephalonia) ...
- Pons-Branchu, Edwige, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Progress in oceanography 2018 v.169 pp. 48-65
- Holocene epoch; canyons; corals; food availability; furrows; geophysics; habitat destruction; larvae; morphometry; sediments; seepage; terraces; tides; topography; water
- ... The western Iberian margin has a complex morphology controlled by both geological and oceanographic processes. Compared to the submarine canyons in the southern part of this margin (e.g. Nazaré and Setubal), the canyons in the northern part (e.g. Ferrol and A Coruña) have received little attention. This study maps the geomorphological features around the Ferrol canyon head and combines them with o ...