Jump to Main Content
- Yook, Min-Jung, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Weed science 2016 v.64 no.3 pp. 441-454
- Echinochloa colona; Echinochloa crus-galli; Echinochloa oryzoides; ecotypes; germplasm; habitats; microsatellite repeats; phenotype; phylogeny; reproductive traits; rice; weeds; Korean Peninsula
- ... Echinochloa species are among the most troublesome weeds in rice cultivation, and grow in a broad habitat range in Korea. Although various ecotypes of Echinochloa have been collected as germplasm for future studies, it has been difficult to classify them due to their high level of morphological similarity. This study was thus conducted to develop and investigate the phylogenetic relationships betw ...
- Yook, Min Jung, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Biomass and bioenergy 2014 v.66 pp. 81-92
- Miscanthus sacchariflorus; Miscanthus sinensis; abiotic stress; autumn; breeding; callus; cultivars; energy crops; genetic variation; genotyping; germplasm; inflorescences; microsatellite repeats; phenotype; phylogeny; Korean Peninsula
- ... Miscanthus is a potential bioenergy crop due to its C4 perennial growth, rhizomatous propagation, and relatively great resistance to abiotic stress. To obtain genetic diversity for future breeding program, we collected over 69 accessions of miscanthus germplasm from Korea and other East Asian regions and performed morphology-based phenotyping and SSR-based genotyping. There are two distinctive spe ...