Jump to Main Content
- Soni, Prahlad, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Agricultural water management 2018 v.202 pp. 146-155
- aquifers; crops; farmers; groundwater; groundwater extraction; groundwater recharge; hydrologic models; irrigation; irrigation water; monitoring; monsoon season; temporal variation; villages; volunteers; water table; watersheds; wells; India
- ... Assessment of specific yields is important for effective groundwater management in semi-arid hardrock aquifers, especially in India with its unsustainable groundwater usage rates. The Dharta watershed in the Udaipur district of Rajasthan is one such hardrock area in India where the groundwater extraction rate is a concern. In this study, we use groundwater balance analysis to estimate the specific ...
- Soni, Prahlad, et al. Show all 24 Authors
- Water 2014 v.6 no.11 pp. 3386-3408
- aquifers; community service; farmers; farming systems; field experimentation; government agencies; groundwater; groundwater recharge; issues and policy; livelihood; monitoring; nongovernmental organizations; ownership; politics; rain; schools; socioeconomics; supply balance; villages; volunteers; water management; water table; watersheds; India
- ... Sustainable use of groundwater is becoming critical in India and requires effective participation from local communities along with technical, social, economic, policy and political inputs. Access to groundwater for farming communities is also an emotional and complex issue as their livelihood and survival depends on it. In this article, we report on transdisciplinary approaches to understanding t ...