Jump to Main Content
- Heraty, Linnea J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Applied geochemistry 2014 v.43 pp. 80-87
- Citrus; aerial photography; chlorine; compliance; drinking water; geochemistry; groundwater; hydrologic models; isotope labeling; mixing; nitrate fertilizers; oxygen; perchlorates; public health; wells; California
- ... The groundwater of Pomona, California, is contaminated with perchlorate (ClO4-). This water is treated to reduce the ClO4- concentration to less than 6μgL−1 for compliance with California Department of Public Health drinking water regulations. A study of the isotopic composition of oxygen and chlorine in ClO4- has been conducted to determine the source of the contamination. Isotopic compositions w ...
- Heraty, Linnea J., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Ground water 2012 v.50 no.1 pp. 94-102
- chlorine; dry deposition; fuels; groundwater; groundwater contamination; groundwater flow; land use; manufacturing; nitrate fertilizers; oxygen; stable isotopes
- ... Analyses of stable isotope ratios of chlorine and oxygen in perchlorate can, in some cases, be used for mapping and source identification of groundwater perchlorate plumes. This is demonstrated here for large, intersecting perchlorate plumes in groundwater from a region having extensive groundwater perchlorate contamination and a large population dependent on groundwater resources. The region cont ...