Jump to Main Content
- Heraty, Linnea J., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Ground water 2012 v.50 no.1 pp. 94-102
- chlorine; dry deposition; fuels; groundwater; groundwater contamination; groundwater flow; land use; manufacturing; nitrate fertilizers; oxygen; stable isotopes
- ... Analyses of stable isotope ratios of chlorine and oxygen in perchlorate can, in some cases, be used for mapping and source identification of groundwater perchlorate plumes. This is demonstrated here for large, intersecting perchlorate plumes in groundwater from a region having extensive groundwater perchlorate contamination and a large population dependent on groundwater resources. The region cont ...
- Heraty, Linnea J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2008 v.360 no.1-4 pp. 265-280
- streams; water pollution; groundwater flow; groundwater contamination; surface water; volatile organic compounds; technetium; chlorinated hydrocarbons; springs (water); seasonal variation; Kentucky
- ... Recent studies in various settings across eastern North America have examined the movement of volatile organic compound (VOC) plumes from groundwater to streams, but few studies have addressed focused discharge of such plumes in unlithified sediments. From 1999 through 2002, we monitored concentrations of trichloroethene (TCE) and the non-volatile co-contaminant technetium-99 (⁹⁹Tc) along Little B ...