Jump to Main Content
- O'Donnell, Alison J., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Global and planetary change 2016 v.141 pp. 1-11
- Pinus; cell walls; climate; conifers; correlation; growth rings; models; storms; summer; temperature; tracheids; trees; variance; wood density; Australasian region; Tasmania
- ... Tree-ring based climate reconstructions have been critical for understanding past variability and recent trends in climate worldwide, but they are scarce in Australia. This is particularly the case for temperature: only one tree-ring width based temperature reconstruction – based on Huon Pine trees from Mt Read, Tasmania – exists for Australia. Here, we investigate whether additional tree-ring par ...
- O'Donnell, Alison J., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Global change biology 2016 v.22 no.8 pp. 2776-2786
- Callitris columellaris; El Nino; La Nina; Lethrinus nebulosus; Lutjanus argentimaculatus; climate; climate change; corals; growth rings; linear models; marine fish; principal component analysis; rain; salinity; surface temperature; terrestrial ecosystems; trees; Australia
- ... The effects of climate change are difficult to predict for many marine species because little is known of their response to climate variations in the past. However, long‐term chronologies of growth, a variable that integrates multiple physical and biological factors, are now available for several marine taxa. These allow us to search for climate‐driven synchrony in growth across multiple taxa and ...