Jump to Main Content
- Bó, María S., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Emu 2018 v.118 no.2 pp. 218-223
- Circus; agricultural land; breeding; grasslands; habitats; nesting; nests; phenology; population dynamics; survival rate; Argentina
- ... We present novel data on breeding ecology and nest survival of the Cinereous (Circus cinereus) and Long-winged (C. buffoni) Harriers in modified grasslands of southern Argentina and we evaluate variations in daily nest survival rates (DSR) in relation to temporal and habitat variables. We studied three mixed nesting colonies embedded in agricultural landscapes along a road. We found that DSR decre ...
- Bó, María S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Journal of raptor research 2017 v.51 no.1 pp. 38-49
- Accipiter striatus; Asio; Athene cunicularia; Circus; Falco sparverius; Tyto alba; autumn; birds of prey; cropland; dominant species; ecosystems; falcons; grasslands; grazing; habitat preferences; habitats; land cover; roadsides; seasonal variation; species diversity; spring; surveys; urban areas; Argentina; Pampas region
- ... We evaluated the species composition, relative abundance, habitat use, and seasonal variability of raptor assemblages in the Flooding Pampas of Argentina, which represents the southeastern part of the biome known as the Rio de la Plata Grasslands. We conducted seasonal roadside surveys to detect raptors in modified and natural habitats over a 3-yr period from spring 2006 through autumn 2009. We cl ...