Jump to Main Content
- Medica, Philip A., et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Diversity 2013 v.5 no.2 pp. 293-319
- animals; conservation areas; development projects; ecotones; genetic variation; geographic information systems; grasslands; habitats; land management; landscapes; planning; population genetics; population structure; raw materials; renewable energy sources; species diversity; Colorado River; Mojave Desert; United States
- ... Genetic diversity within species provides the raw material for adaptation and evolution. Just as regions of high species diversity are conservation targets, identifying regions containing high genetic diversity and divergence within and among populations may be important to protect future evolutionary potential. When multiple co-distributed species show spatial overlap in high genetic diversity an ...
- Medica, Philip A., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Biodiversity and conservation 2008 v.17 no.3 pp. 575-590
- Gopherus agassizii; decision support systems; educational institutions; habitats; models; risk reduction; threatened species; tortoises; wildlife; California; Mojave Desert
- ... Spatially explicit decision support systems are assuming an increasing role in natural resource and conservation management. In order for these systems to be successful, however, they must address real-world management problems with input from both the scientific and management communities. The National Training Center at Fort Irwin, California, has expanded its training area, encroaching U.S. Fis ...