Jump to Main Content
- Roehrdanz, Richard L., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Annals of the entomological society of america 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 329
- Araneae; DNA primers; Diabrotica barberi; Diabrotica virgifera virgifera; Wolbachia; animals; clones; gene banks; genes; haplotypes; mitochondrial DNA; molecular cloning; nucleotide sequences; polymerase chain reaction; surface proteins
- ... The northern corn rootworm (Diabrotica barberi) in eastern and central North America exhibits at least three distinct populations with respect to Wolbachia infection: uninfected; singly-infected; multi-infected. The infected states are associated with different mtDNA haplotypes and reduced mtDNA variability. Sequences of the Wolbachia wsp surface protein gene indicated that multiple infections exi ...
- Roehrdanz, Richard L., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Annals of the entomological society of america 2012 v.105 no.6 pp. 917
- Hemiptera; Lygus lineolaris; cytochrome-c oxidase; genes; geography; haplotypes; host plants; insect pests; mitochondrial DNA; phylogeny; population structure; species diversity; North America
- ... The tarnished plant bug, Lygus lineolaris (Palisot de Beauvois), is a highly polyphagous insect pest. It is the most widely distributed Lygus species in North America, and it is the most prevalent member of the genus Lygus in the eastern half of the continent. We sampled multiple populations of L. lineolaris from three disparate regions of North America, and used parts of the mitochondrial genes c ...