Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: allen?
- Hardacre, Allan Keith, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food & function 2019 v.10 no.1 pp. 250-258
- Platostoma palustre; agar; firmness; glycemic index; hardness; in vitro digestibility; ingredients; locust bean gum; starch; starch gels; wheat; wheat starch; xanthan gum
- ... The digestibility of wheat starch gels in the presence of Mesona chinensis polysaccharide (MCP) was studied. MCP was found to be the most effective polysaccharide in reducing wheat starch digestion in comparison to starch gels of similar hardness containing xanthan, guar, locust bean gum (LBG) and agar. A 33% reduction in the digestibility of intact starch gels containing 5% w/w MCP (after 120 min ...
- Hardacre, Allan Keith, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2018 v.79 pp. 1-12
- Platostoma palustre; amylose; gelatinization; hardness; hydrocolloids; leaching; microscopy; microstructure; modulus of elasticity; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; polymers; retrogradation; starch gels; viscoelasticity; wheat; wheat starch
- ... Composite Mesona chinensis polysaccharide (MCP) and wheat starch gels were studied using solid-state NMR, whereby close proximity (5 Å) between MCP and glucan polymers was established, indicating that both polymers interacted at molecular level. Rheological and amylose leaching data showed that this interaction was primarily between MCP and amylose leached during gelatinisation. The elastic modulu ...
- Hardacre, Allan Keith, et al. Show all 2 Author
- International journal of food science & technology 2006 v.41 no.s2 pp. 144-150
- water content; corn; corn starch; corn flour; milling; temperature; Zea mays; cultivars; hybrids; grain crops; rheological properties; drought; water stress; drying; gels; hardness
- ... Grain from three maize hybrids was harvested from crops grown at a mildly drought-stressed site and at a non-stressed site. Samples were dried to 14% moisture at temperatures of 25, 58, 80 and 100 °C before being milled to flour or starch extracted. Significant differences in the rheological properties of the flour milled from the grain samples were evident for all of the treatments. Differences i ...