Jump to Main Content
- Norberg, O. Steven; Felix, Joel
- Weed technology 2014 v.28 no.2 pp. 371-376
- 2,4-D; Amaranthus palmeri; Amaranthus retroflexus; Chenopodium album; Echinochloa crus-galli; Eragrostis tef; Portulaca oleracea; Solanum physalifolium var. nitidibaccatum; broadleaf weeds; carfentrazone; dicamba; florasulam; fluroxypyr; food grains; forage; grain yield; grass weeds; grasses; hay; livestock; pesticide application; postemergent weed control; varieties; warm season; Ontario; Oregon
- ... Teff is a warm-season C4 annual grass crop grown for forage and food grain that has recently increased in production in parts of the United States. Hay from teff is well suited for livestock, especially horses. The objective of this study was to evaluate teff and weed response to selected herbicides in field studies conducted at the Malheur Experiment Station, Ontario, OR in 2009 and 2010. Herbici ...
- Cardina, John; Herms, Catherine P.; Doohan, Douglas J.
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.4 pp. 448-460
- no-tillage; Oxalis; Persicaria pensylvanica; Veronica; Capsella bursa-pastoris; hay; Euphorbia maculata; Setaria faberi; Zea mays; Glycine max; seeds; Chenopodium album; corn; species diversity; weeds; crop rotation; plant communities; oats; herbicides; soybeans; growing season; plows; Avena sativa; Amaranthus retroflexus; crops; Ohio; Pennsylvania
- ... We characterized the size and species composition of the weed seedbank after 35 yr of continuous crop rotation and tillage system treatments at two locations in Ohio. Spring seedbanks were monitored during 1997, 1998, and 1999 in continuous corn (CCC), corn––soybean (CS), and corn––oats––hay (COH) rotations in moldboard plow (MP), chisel plow (CP), and no-tillage (NT) plots where the same herbicid ...