Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Shiming, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Energy conversion and management 2020 v.204 pp. 112284
- capital; electrodialysis; energy efficiency; heat; salinity
- ... Compared with the single-stage reverse electrodialysis, multi-stage reverse electrodialysis (MSRED) is superior for reverse electrodialysis heat engine (REDHE) because it can harvest more salinity gradient energy (SGE). Generally, there are two kinds of MSRED systems, i.e., individual control MSRED system and serial control MSRED system. And the series system is more practical compared with the ot ...
- Xu, Shiming, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Energy conversion and management 2019 v.183 pp. 803-815
- electrodialysis; energy conversion; harvesting; heat; salinity
- ... Reverse electrodialysis heat engine (REDHE) is an effective technology to harvest salinity gradient energy (SGE) driven by low grade heat. In order to improve the energy conversion efficiency of it, one practical way is to enhance the capturing SGE ability of the reverse electrodialysis (RED) unit. To achieve that, the promising multi-stage RED (MSRED) method is proposed. In this paper, two strate ...