Jump to Main Content
- Mora-Medina, Patricia, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- International Journal of Veterinary Sciences 2018 v.6 no.2 pp. 159-164
- acidosis; anesthesia; bicarbonates; blood; blood sampling; carbon dioxide; castration; electrolytes; glucose; hematocrit; hindlimbs; lactic acid; lidocaine; males; pH; piglets; sulfur dioxide; testes
- ... The objective of this study was to determine the effect of local anesthesia and the number of incisions performed on the physiological blood profile of piglets after surgical castration. A total of 60 male piglets were divided into five groups of 12 each, based on the surgical method employed and the use, or not, of local anesthesia, as follows: surgical castration using one horizontal incision in ...
- Mora‐Medina, Patricia, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Animal science journal = 2015 v.86 no.5 pp. 563-571
- blood; blood glucose; calcium; hematocrit; hybrids; pH; piglets; potassium; sodium; straw; stress response; suckling
- ... The aim of the study was to evaluate the physiometabolic responses to stress in hybrid suckling piglets that were weaned and transported at different ages on a paved road under two vehicle conditions: with and without a layer of straw bedding. The piglets were weaned and transported at the following ages: 8, 15 and 22 days. The duration of each trip was 1 h. The piglets in each group were further ...