Jump to Main Content
- Hipler, Uta-Christina, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Nutrition 2019 v.58 pp. 30-35
- Betula; allergenicity; antigens; apples; cross reaction; cultivars; enzymatic browning; high performance liquid chromatography; new variety; pollen
- ... More than 70% of birch pollen–allergic individuals are affected by a cross-allergy from apples. The aim of this study was to determine if an increased polyphenolic content of apples is inversely related to clinical allergic reactions in sufferers.The polyphenolic content of two old and two new apple cultivars was analyzed using high performance liquid chromatography. The in vitro concentration of ...
- Hipler, Uta-Christina, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- European food research & technology 2016 v.242 no.11 pp. 1869-1881
- Citrus nobilis; alpha-amylase; antibacterial properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; beta-cryptoxanthin; byproducts; citrus fruits; flavonoids; food processing; food research; high performance liquid chromatography; lutein; peeling; pulp; saponification; zeaxanthin
- ... Carotenoid contents of peel and pulp of local citrus fruits from Aceh were investigated using HPLC equipped with DAD detector and LC–MS. Most of the citrus samples investigated mainly contained lutein and zeaxanthin. Jeruk takengon (Citrus nobilis) had a more complex carotenoid profile and the highest carotenoid contents compared to other citrus fruits studied here, and peel contained higher carot ...