Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: louis?
- Karlberg, Louise, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2018 v.560 pp. 407-423
- aquatic ecosystems; basins; evapotranspiration; groundwater recharge; highlands; hydrologic models; issues and policy; land management; people; rain; research projects; runoff; sediment transport; spatial data; statistical analysis; tracer techniques; water resources; Nile River
- ... The Upper Blue Nile basin is considered as the lifeline for ∼250 million people and contributes ∼50 Gm3/year of water to the Nile River. Poor land management practices in the Ethiopian highlands have caused a significant amount of soil erosion, thereby threatening the productivity of the Ethiopian agricultural system, degrading the health of the aquatic ecosystem, and shortening the life of downst ...
- Karlberg, Louise, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Hydrological processes 2012 v.26 no.3 pp. 387-404
- aquifers; crop yield; evaporation; farmers; gender; groundwater; groundwater recharge; highlands; hydrologic models; irrigation; livelihood; monsoon season; pollution load; poverty; program planning; rain; soil; streams; transpiration; water currents; water holding capacity; water management; watershed management; watersheds; India
- ... The paper describes a hydrological model for agricultural water intervention in a community watershed at Kothapally in India, developed through integrated management and a consortium approach. The impacts of various soil and water management interventions in the watershed are compared to no‐intervention during a 30‐year simulation period by application of the calibrated and validated ARCSWAT 2005 ...