Jump to Main Content
- Tăbăran, Flaviu Alexandru, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Parasitology international 2017 v.66 no.3 pp. 331-334
- Dirofilaria immitis; Dirofilaria repens; adults; case studies; cystitis; dirofilariasis; dogs; epidemiological studies; etiological agents; geographical distribution; heartworms; histopathology; males; mesentery; microfilariae; mixed infection; pathogenicity; polymerase chain reaction; renal failure; sequence analysis; zoonoses; Romania
- ... Canine dirofilarioses are mosquito-borne zoonotic diseases with a continuous expansion of their geographical distribution, as a consequence of different climatic and ecological factors. Dirofilaria immitis, the aetiological agent of heartworm disease, has gained a major veterinary interest, mainly due to its severe clinical implication. In the last decades, D. repens, despite of being regarded as ...
- Tăbăran, Flaviu Alexandru, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2018 v.11 no.1 pp. 568
- Aelurostrongylus; Filaroides; Meles meles; Neovison vison; badgers; histopathology; lungs; lungworms; mink; morphometry; phylogeny; ribosomal DNA; snails; taxonomy; Bosnia-Herzegovina; Germany; North America; Romania
- ... BACKGROUND: A century of debates on the taxonomy of members of the Metastrongyloidea Molin, 1861 led to many reclassifications. Considering the inconstant genus assignation and lack of genetic data, the main aim of this study was to support the validity of the genus Perostrongylus Schlegel, 1934, previously considered a synonym of Aelurostrongylus Cameron, 1927, based on new molecular phylogenetic ...