Jump to Main Content
- Vietmeier, J.; Niedorf, F.; Bäumer, W.; Martin, C.; Deegen, E.; Ohnesorge, B.; Kietzmann, M.
- Veterinary research communications 2007 v.31 no.5 pp. 611-619
- respiratory system agents, etc ; microscopy; viability; muscle contraction; image analysis; cell culture; respiratory tract diseases; bronchoconstriction; lungs; digital images; horses; breathing; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... A study was performed to evaluate the use of precision-cut lung slices (PCLS) for studies on the contraction of equine airways. Lungs of 10 horses were taken to prepare PCLS of [tilde]250 μm from equine lung tissue using a special microtome. The lung slices were cultured and the enclosed small airways were monitored using a microscope with coupled digital camera, which was used to determine the ai ...
- Kirschvink, N.; Art, T.; Lekeux, P.; Roberts, C.; Gustin, P.
- Journal of veterinary pharmacology and therapeutics 2001 v.24 no.3 pp. 215-221
- respiratory system agents, etc ; horses; respiratory tract diseases; smooth muscle; bronchi; prostaglandins; acetylcholine; isomers; agonists; muscle contraction; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... 8-Epi-PGF(2alpha), a prostaglandin-like compound generated by oxidative stress, has been shown to be an in vitro bronchoconstrictor in airways from healthy laboratory animals and healthy humans, but it has never been studied in diseased airways. Here, the bronchoconstrictive capacity of 8-epi-PGF(2alpha) on isolated bronchial rings (BR) of healthy and heaves-affected horses was evaluated by compar ...