Jump to Main Content
- Nejat, N., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Plant pathology journal 2010 v.9 no.3 pp. 112-121
- plant pathogenic bacteria; nut crops; signs and symptoms (plants); genome; phytoplasmal diseases; insect vectors; seasonal variation; guanine; cytosine; disease detection; host plants; polymerase chain reaction; pathogen identification; phloem; coconuts; microbial genetics; disease diagnosis; Phytoplasma; Cocos nucifera
- ... Phytoplasmas are small bacteria with very small genomes which also have extremely low levels of the nucleotides guanine plus cytosine (G+C). They are associated with hundreds of plant diseases globally. The uneven distribution and low concentration of phytoplasmas in the phloem of infected plant, especially in woody hosts, and variations in titre according to season and plant organ are also import ...
- Nejat, N., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant pathology 2009 v.58 no.6 pp. 1152-1160
- Catharanthus roseus; Cocos nucifera; Cynodon dactylon; Elaeis guineensis; Phytoplasma; coconuts; decline; genes; host plants; leaves; necrosis; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; phytoplasmal diseases; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; seedlings; Malaysia
- ... Coconut palm (Cocos nucifera), oil palm (Elaeis guineensis), Bermudagrass (Cynodon dactylon) and Madagascar periwinkle (Catharanthus roseus) with symptoms indicative of phytoplasma disease were collected from different locations in Malaysia. PCR assays employing phytoplasma universal rRNA gene primers P1/P7 alone or P1/P7 followed by R16F2n/R16R2 detected phytoplasmas in eight out of 20 Malayan Re ...
- Nejat, N., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Plant disease 2006 v.90 no.2 pp. 247
- phytoplasmal diseases; disease transmission; 16SrI (Aster yellows group); ribosomal DNA; internal transcribed spacers; pathogen identification; Lactuca sativa; lettuce; vegetable crops; host plants; new geographic records; new host records; Iran