Jump to Main Content
- Carlson, Bradley F., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Vaccine 2018 v.36 no.48 pp. 7294-7299
- Muslims; childhood; children; health surveys; households; mothers; nationalities and ethnic groups; pregnant women; prenatal care; regression analysis; risk; tetanus; vaccination; vaccines; Nigeria
- ... Nigeria’s government is challenged with vaccinating the world’s third largest birth cohort within a culturally and socioeconomically diverse country. This study estimated full childhood immunization coverage in Nigeria and characterizes the association between vaccination status and urbanicity, region of residence, ethnicity, and other factors.In 2013, households throughout Nigeria were enrolled i ...
- Carlson, Andrea, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Physiology & behavior 2014 v.134 pp. 20-31
- Americans; Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program; energy balance; food prices; healthy diet; households; issues and policy; low income households; low-income population; nutritional adequacy; obesity; purchasing; researchers; teachers; United States
- ... The high obesity rates and poor diet quality in the United States, particularly among low income populations, are often attributed to low income, low food access, and high food prices of healthy foods. This paper discusses these associations and questions some of the metrics used to measure food prices. The paper argues that 1. On average, Americans consume diets that need improvement and there is ...
- Carlson, Andrea, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2011 v.43 no.3 pp. 173-179
- Americans; MyPyramid; consumer information; food prices; food purchasing; fruit juices; fruits; guidelines; households; legumes; low income households; vegetables; United States
- ... OBJECTIVE: To estimate the costs of satisfying MyPyramid fruit and vegetable guidelines, with a focus on whether low-income households can bear these costs. DESIGN: Descriptive analysis of the 2008 National Consumer Panel with information on the food purchases of 64,440 households across the contiguous United States was used to analyze the cost of fruits and vegetables. Costs per MyPyramid cup-equ ...