Main content area
You searched for: Subject humans Remove constraint Subject: humans Subject Africa Remove constraint Subject: Africa Subject Central America Remove constraint Subject: Central America Subject China Remove constraint Subject: China Subject South America Remove constraint Subject: South America
2 Search Results
- Yuen, Jia Qi; Fung, Tak; Ziegler, Alan D.
- Forest ecology and management 2017 v.393 pp. 113-138
- flowering; soil organic carbon; agroforestry; construction materials; Guadua; carbon sequestration; carbon sinks; Dendrocalamus; nutrients; bamboos; grasslands; forests; orchards; rubber; uncertainty; pastures; soil fertility; ecosystems; invasive species; belowground biomass; case studies; issues and policy; root shoot ratio; harvesting; shrublands; humans; ecosystem services; equations; Bambusa; soil; climate change; temperature; climatic factors; prediction; understory; Phyllostachys edulis; Elaeis guineensis; allometry; aboveground biomass; rain; furniture; soil erosion; Gigantochloa; India; Korean Peninsula; Thailand; Taiwan; Japan; China; South America; Africa; Central America
- ... From a review of 184 studies on bamboo biomass for 70 species (22 genera) we estimate plausible ranges for above-ground carbon (AGC) biomass (16–128MgC/ha), below-ground carbon (BGC) biomass (8–64MgC/ha), soil organic carbon (SOC; 70–200MgC/ha), and total ecosystem carbon (TEC; 94–392MgC/ha). The total ecosystem carbon range is below that for most types of forests, on par with that of rubber plant ...
- Montemayor, Sara I.; Dellapé, Pablo M.; Melo, María C.
- Agricultural and forest entomology 2015 v.17 no.2 pp. 129-137
- Eucalyptus; climate; data collection; databases; environmental factors; geographical distribution; humans; model validation; models; planting; probability; Africa; Central America; China; South America
- ... The present study investigated the environmental variables that define a suitable climate for the bronze bug, Thaumastocoris peregrinus Carpintero & Dellapé, using presence‐only data, with the aim of identifying areas that have a suitable climate (and thus high probability) for future colonization and generating a spatially explicit predictive map of environmental suitability. An occurrence databa ...