Jump to Main Content
- Yonga, Martial Gide, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Infection, genetics, and evolution 2019 v.69 pp. 8-11
- Monkeypox virus; genetic relationships; humans; phylogeny; viruses; Cameroon; Nigeria
- ... A monkeypox virus was detected from a human clinical case in 2018 in Cameroon; a country where no human cases were reported since 1989. The virus exhibited close genetic relatedness with another monkeypox virus isolated in Nigeria during the 2017–2018 outbreak. Although our molecular findings argue in favor of an extension of the monkeypox outbreak from Nigeria into Cameroon, the possibility that ...
- Yonga Wansi, Gide Martial, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Virology journal 2018 v.15 no.1 pp. 63
- Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever; Phlebovirus; Rift Valley fever; antibodies; enzootic diseases; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; humans; immunoglobulin G; livestock; rain forests; rural areas; seroprevalence; urban areas; villages; Cameroon
- ... BACKGROUND: Rift Valley Fever Phlebovirus (RVFV) and Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Orthonairovirus (CCHFV) specific antibodies had been documented among humans in urban settings of the southwestern and northern Cameroon in the late 1980s. Recently, evidence for enzootic circulation of RVFV was reported among livestock in both rural and urban settings in Cameroon. However, current estimates of hu ...
- PubMed Central: