Jump to Main Content
- Shi, Guixin; Cui, Wenjin; Mukthavaram, Rajesh; Liu, Yu-Tsueng; Simberg, Dmitri
- Methods 2013 v.64 pp. 102-107
- perfluorocarbons, etc ; antibodies; biomarkers; blood; bone marrow; breast neoplasms; emulsifying; humans; lung neoplasms; medicine; mice; microbubbles; neoplasm cells; pancreatic neoplasms; prognosis; urine; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... With the emerging interest in personalized medicine, there is strong demand for new technologies for clinical sample interrogation. Exfoliated tumor cells in variety of pathological samples (e.g., blood, bone marrow, urine) could provide invaluable information for diagnosis and prognosis of cancers. Here we describe a detailed method for capture and isolation of tumor cells in medium, blood, or la ...
- PubMed Central:
- Yusa, Vicent; Ye, Xiaoyun; Calafat, Antonia M.
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2012 v.38 pp. 129-142
- perfluorocarbons, etc ; UV filters; biomarkers; blood; breast milk; chromatography; environmental exposure; flame retardants; humans; insect repellents; odors; phenols; phthalates; pollutants; preservatives; quantitative analysis; urine; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Biomonitoring is a very useful tool for assessing human exposure to environmental pollutants. This review discusses recent methods for the quantitative measurement of biomarkers of exposure to different classes of chemicals used in personal-care products (e.g., musk fragrances, preservatives, UV filters, and insect repellents) and consumer products (e.g., organophosphate flame retardants, phthalat ...
- PubMed Central:
- Lupton, Sara J.; Huwe, Janice
K.; Smith, David J.; Dearfield, Kerry L.; Johnston, John J.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2012 v.60 no.4 pp. 1128
- perfluorocarbons, etc ; Angus; absorption; animal tissues; bioaccumulation; biosolids; blood; body weight; combustion; dietary exposure; excretion; feces; food animals; half life; humans; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; meat; pastures; persistent organic pollutants; pharmacokinetics; radiolabeling; radionuclides; slaughter; steers; urine; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Perfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs), such as perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), are environmentally persistent industrial chemicals often found in biosolids. Application of these biosolids to pastures raises concern about the accumulation of PFOA in the edible tissues of food animals. Because data on the absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion (ADME) of PFOA in cattle were unavailable, a stu ...