Jump to Main Content
- Zhipeng Cheng; Hongwen Sun; Harmanpreet S. Sidhu; Nathan Darlucio Sy; Jay Gan
- Environmental pollution 2020 v.265 no.Pt B. pp. -
- Arabidopsis thaliana; biosolids; cabbage; cell culture; culture media; deuterium; environmental assessment; environmental health; excretion; humans; hydroxylation; metabolism; metabolites; models; oxidation; phthalates; plasticizers; pollution; spectrometers; stable isotopes
- ... Mono-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (MEHP) is the primary monoester transformation product of the commonly used plasticizer, di-2-ethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP), and has been frequently detected in various environmental compartments (e.g., soil, biosolids, plants). Plants growing in contaminated soils can take up MEHP, and consumption of the contaminated plants may result in unintended exposure for humans ...
- Christian W. Klampfl
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2019 v.111 pp. 13-26
- biosolids; drug residues; environmental assessment; fertilizers; humans; irrigation; metabolites; sewage treatment; soil
- ... Residues of pharmaceuticals are ubiquitous in the environment, due to the increased use of drugs for treating humans and animals. If in agriculture water or biosolids from sewage treatment plants or manure from treated animals are used for irrigation or as a fertilizer respectively, drug residues may come into contact with plants. Subsequently these substances may be taken up, be translocated and ...