Jump to Main Content
- Bae, Taeok, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2017 v.139 no.10 pp. 3790-3795
- DNA assembly; Staphylococcus aureus; drug resistance; drugs; gene deletion; genes; genetic engineering; humans; infectious diseases; mortality; pathogenesis; pathogens; physiology; plasmids; screening; transcription (genetics)
- ... Staphylococcus aureus, a major human pathogen, has been the cause of serious infectious diseases with a high mortality rate. Although genetics is a key means to study S. aureus physiology, such as drug resistance and pathogenesis, genetic manipulation in S. aureus is always time-consuming and labor-intensive. Here we report a CRISPR/Cas9 system (pCasSA) for rapid and efficient genome editing, incl ...
- Bae, Taeok, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2013 v.110 no.13 pp. 5010-5015
- DNA; Staphylococcus aureus; genes; humans; menadione; pathogens; stress response; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... Quinone molecules are intracellular electron-transport carriers, as well as critical intra- and extracellular signals. However, transcriptional regulation of quinone signaling and its molecular basis are poorly understood. Here, we identify a thiol-stress-sensing regulator YodB family transcriptional regulator as a central component of quinone stress response of Staphylococcus aureus , which we ha ...
- PubMed Central: