Jump to Main Content
- Saeed-ur-Rahman,, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of integrative agriculture 2019 v.18 no.1 pp. 211-230
- animal pathogens; antineoplastic activity; antioxidant activity; atherosclerosis; cell differentiation; environmental factors; flavonoids; free radicals; human health; humans; neoplasms; plant protection; polyphenols; secondary metabolites
- ... Flavonoids are widely-distributed polyphenolic secondary metabolites with diverse biological activities in plants and benefit human health as protective dietary agents. They participate in plants' responses to harsh environmental conditions and effectively regulate the cell differentiation and growth. In plants, the majority of their functions are attributed to their strong antioxidative propertie ...
- Saeed-ur-Rahman,, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biocatalysis and agricultural biotechnology 2019 v.17 pp. 399-407
- biosynthesis; cardiovascular diseases; carotenes; cataract; chronic diseases; color; diet; eyes; fruits; genes; human diseases; humans; neoplasms; neural tube defects; pathogenesis; photosynthesis; pigments; plant health; risk reduction; vegetables; vision
- ... Carotenoids are a group of versatile isoprenoid pigments, and bioactive constituents found predominantly in fruits and vegetables. Carotenoids play an essential role in the prevention of human diseases and thus facilitate to maintain a good health. They are effective health-promoting compounds, which are significant contributors to our diet and have been proposed to reduce the incidence of chronic ...