Jump to Main Content
- Soukoulis, Christos; Behboudi-Jobbehdar, Solmaz; Macnaughtan, William; Parmenter, Christopher; Fisk, Ian D.
- Food hydrocolloids 2017 v.70 pp. 345-355
- sodium alginate, etc ; Food and Agriculture Organization; Lactobacillus rhamnosus; World Health Organization; beans; bioactive compounds; biopolymers; drying; edible films; esterification; gelatin; hydrocolloids; pectins; probiotics; processed foods; shelf life; temperature; viscosity; whey protein concentrate; whey protein isolate; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The incorporation of probiotics and bioactive compounds, via plasticised thin-layered hydrocolloids, within food products has recently shown potential to functionalise and improve the health credentials of processed food. In this study, choice of polymer and the inclusion of whey protein isolate was evaluated for their ability to stabalise live probiotic organisms. Edible films based on low (LSA) ...
- PubMed Central:
- Soukoulis, Christos; Yonekura, Lina; Gan, Heng-Hui; Behboudi-Jobbehdar, Solmaz; Parmenter, Christopher; Fisk, Ian
- Food hydrocolloids 2014 v.39 pp. 231-242
- sodium alginate, etc ; Lactobacillus rhamnosus; World Health Organization; air drying; ambient temperature; breads; cell viability; digestion; edible films; grain products; headspace analysis; humans; hydrocolloids; in vitro digestion; probiotics; storage temperature; storage time; texture; whey protein concentrate; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... In the present paper, a novel approach for the development of probiotic baked cereal products is presented. Probiotic pan bread constructed by the application of film forming solutions based either on individual hydrogels e.g. 1% w/w sodium alginate (ALG) or binary blends of 0.5% w/w sodium alginate and 2% whey protein concentrate (ALG/WPC) containing Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG, followed by an air ...
- PubMed Central: