Jump to Main Content
- Mei, Leixia, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Chemical communications 2019 v.55 no.30 pp. 4411-4414
- cell growth; chemical reactions; doxorubicin; hydrogels; indomethacin; moieties; nanomaterials; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; peptides
- ... Conjugation of indomethacin with a self-assembling peptide moiety affords co-assembled supramolecular nanostructures of doxorubicin and peptide derivatives for tunable release of two drugs and synergistic effects against cancer cells, which illustrates a simple and effective approach to utilize co-assembled nanostructures for co-delivery of self-complementary drug pairs. ...
- Mei, Leixia, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry B 2019 v.7 no.3 pp. 469-476
- analgesia; antineoplastic agents; biocompatibility; cytotoxicity; dose response; drug delivery systems; drug therapy; hydrogels; ions; nanofibers; nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents; pain; peptides; prostatic neoplasms; toxicity testing; viscoelasticity; zinc
- ... Herein, we report supramolecular hydrogelators made of forky peptides and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID). Two zinc ions (ZIs)-responsive short peptide dendrons (E₃FID and E₃FNP) modified by NSAID (indometacinand naproxen) were designed and synthesized successfully. These novel small molecule hydrogelators can self-assemble in water to form stable supramolecular nanofibers/hydrogels. ...