Jump to Main Content
- Pajak, Magdalena
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2021 v.232 no.2 pp. 83
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; adsorbents; adsorption; air; ambient temperature; clay; comparative study; dyes; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; hydrogen; smectite; soil pollution; sorption isotherms; water
- ... The present research evaluates the influence of modification of smectite clay (BC) on its adsorption capacity of anionic dyes from aqueous solutions. Thermal (BC 250), acidic (BC H₂SO₄), and alkaline (BC NaOH) modification of clay was carried out. The clays were characterized by X-ray powder diffraction, energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy, and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. Adsorption ...
- Plackett, David; Siu, Ana; Li, Qingfeng; Pan, Chao; Jensen, Jens Oluf; Nielsen, Søren Fæster; Permyakova, Anastasia A.; Bjerrum, Niels J.
- Journal of membrane science 2011 v.383 no.1-2 pp. 78-87
- X-radiation; ambient temperature; artificial membranes; cations; clay; dimensional stability; electric power; fuel cells; hydrogen; hydrogen bonding; infrared spectroscopy; ion exchange; permeability; phosphoric acid; polymers; relative humidity; salts; tensile strength
- ... Good dispersion of modified laponite clay was achieved in polybenzimidazole (PBI) solutions which, when cast and allowed to dry, resulted in homogeneous and transparent composite membranes containing up to 20wt% clay in the polymer. The clay was organically modified using a series of ammonium and pyridinium salts with varying polarity and hydrogen-bonding capacity. Clay modification by ion-exchang ...