Jump to Main Content
- Xiao, Chaoxian, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of catalysis 2017 v.356 pp. 307-314
- adsorption; alloys; catalysts; density functional theory; dissociation; geometry; hydrogen; hydrogenation; nanoparticles; porous media; silica
- ... Bridging the structure-properties relationship of bimetallic catalysts is essential for the rational design of heterogeneous catalysts. Different from random alloys, intermetallic compounds (IMCs) present atomically-ordered structures, which is advantageous for catalytic mechanism studies. We used Pt-based intermetallic nanoparticles (iNPs), individually encapsulated in mesoporous silica shells, a ...
- Xiao, Chaoxian, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Green chemistry 2010 v.12 no.2 pp. 228-233
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; catalysts; composite polymers; green chemistry; hydrogen; hydrogenation; industrial applications; infrared spectroscopy; ionic liquids; liquids; nanoparticles; nickel; nitrophenols; platinum; transmission electron microscopy
- ... Platinum nanoparticles (PtNPs stabilized by an ionic-liquid-like-copolymer (IP) immobilized in various ionic liquids (ILs)) effectively catalyze the selective hydrogenation of aromatic chloronitro compounds to aromatic chloroamines, a reaction of considerable commercial significance. The preparation of 2,4-dichloro-3-aminophenol (DAP) has been primarily studied due to its important industrial appl ...