Jump to Main Content
- Gupta, Hoshin V., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2015 v.525 pp. 165-177
- basins; hydrograph; hydrologic models; pedotransfer functions; prediction; statistics; watersheds
- ... A priori parameterization approaches that improve our ability to provide reliable hydrologic predictions in ungauged and poorly gauged basins, as well as in basins undergoing change are currently receiving considerable attention. However, such methods are typically based on local-scale process understanding and simplifying assumptions and an increasing body of evidence suggests that hydrologic mod ...
- Gupta, Hoshin V., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2015 v.529 pp. 94-105
- Landsat; basins; geographic information systems; hydrograph; hydrologic models; land cover; land use; normalized difference vegetation index; remote sensing; subwatersheds; Arizona
- ... This study investigates the effect of land use on the Geomorphological Cascade of Unequal linear Reservoirs (GCUR) model using the Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) derived from remotely sensed data as a measure of land use. The proposed modeling has two important aspects: it considers the effects of both watershed geomorphology and land use/cover, and it requires only one parameter to ...