Jump to Main Content
- Netto, Flávia M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of food science 2017 v.82 no.3 pp. 659-669
- alpha-tocopherol; beta-carotene; diameter; encapsulation; heat treatment; hydrolysis; ionic strength; models; soy protein isolate; stearin; xanthan gum
- ... The objectives of this research were to study the encapsulation of beta‐carotene (BC) in solid lipid microparticles (SLM) of palm stearin (PS) and stabilized with hydrolyzed soy protein isolate (HSPI), and also to investigate the effect of alpha‐tocopherol (TOC) addition to the systems. Through the characterizations of SLM produced with different formulations, it was verified that systems with 5% ...
- Netto, Flavia M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food research international 2016 v.83 pp. 112-120
- allergens; beta-lactoglobulin; enzymatic hydrolysis; heat; hydrolysates; hydrolysis; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; immobilized enzymes; lactalbumin; milk; molecular weight; subtilisin; whey protein isolate
- ... Protein antigenicity can be reduced by enzymatic hydrolysis, which can be performed either by free or immobilized enzyme. The immobilized enzyme is removed from the reaction medium and reused, while the free enzyme must be inactivated to stop the reaction, generally by heating. Here we have shown that hydrolysates produced with free or immobilized Alcalase on glyoxyl-agarose bead presented differe ...