Jump to Main Content
- Desii, Andrea, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Langmuir 2013 v.29 no.43 pp. 13190-13197
- adenosine deaminase; anti-inflammatory agents; chitosan; films (materials); fluorescence; hydrophobicity; inflammatory bowel disease; models; polymethylmethacrylate; sodium alginate; surface roughness
- ... A novel drug delivery vector, a free-standing polymeric ultrathin film (nanofilm) composed of PMMA and a polysaccharides multilayer, is presented. Chitosan and sodium alginate are alternatively deposited by spin-assisted LbL assembly onto a plasma-treated PMMA thin film. Hydrophobic anti-inflammatory drugs, an adenosine deaminase inhibitor (APP) and its fluorescent dansyl derivate (APP-Dns), are e ...
- Desii, Andrea, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of polymer science 2010 v.48 no.4 pp. 889-897
- amino acids; atomic force microscopy; hydrophobicity; oligopeptides; pH; polymers
- ... We investigated the self-aggregation of 12 short ionic oligopeptides constituted by 4-7 amino acid residues to establish useful structure-property relationships that might be exploited in the biomedical field by using the concept of molecular Lego. We show that the critical aggregation concentration (CAC) of tetrapeptides decreases with increasing hydrophobicity of neutral residues. Additionally, ...