Jump to Main Content
- Bäumer, Wolfgang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Research in veterinary science 2008 v.85 no.3 pp. 399-406
- anesthesia; peripheral nerves; image analysis; veterinary dentistry; local anesthetics; computed tomography; mouth; differential staining; surgery; head; drug injection; dyes; arteries; blood veins; horses
- ... To provide anaesthesia of the maxillary cheek teeth, a local block of the infraorbital nerve in the pterygopalatine fossa has been suggested. The aim of this study was to [round bullet, filled] re-examine the anatomy of the pterygopalatine fossa, giving special attention to relevant arteries, veins and nerves; [round bullet, filled] simulate the infiltration of an anaesthetic by injecting a contra ...
- Bäumer, Philipp, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Diabetes care 2011 v.34 no.3 pp. 721-723
- disease course; image analysis; insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; nerve tissue; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; patients; peripheral nerves; peripheral nervous system diseases; quantitative analysis
- ... OBJECTIVE: This study investigated high-resolution magnetic resonance neurography (MRN) in distal symmetric diabetic polyneuropathy (dPNP). RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS: MRN comprised high-resolution transaxial imaging of peripheral nerves of the lower limbs in 20 patients with type 2 diabetes (10 with dPNP, type 2/dPNP[+], and 10 without dPNP, type 2/dPNP[-]), seven patients with type 1 diabetes ( ...
- PubMed Central:
- Bäumer, W., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Veterinary research communications 2007 v.31 no.5 pp. 611-619
- microscopy; viability; muscle contraction; image analysis; cell culture; respiratory tract diseases; bronchoconstriction; respiratory system agents; lungs; digital images; horses; breathing
- ... A study was performed to evaluate the use of precision-cut lung slices (PCLS) for studies on the contraction of equine airways. Lungs of 10 horses were taken to prepare PCLS of [tilde]250 μm from equine lung tissue using a special microtome. The lung slices were cultured and the enclosed small airways were monitored using a microscope with coupled digital camera, which was used to determine the ai ...