Jump to Main Content
- JONES, ELEANOR P.; JENSEN, JENS-KJELD; MAGNUSSEN, EYĐFINN; GREGERSEN, NOOMI; HANSEN, HEIDI S.; SEARLE, JEREMY B.
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2011 v.102 no.3 pp. 471-482
- Mus musculus; genetic markers; genetic variation; immigration; islands; loci; mice; microsatellite repeats; mitochondrial DNA; taxonomy; Denmark; Faroe Islands; Germany; Norway
- ... Faroe house mice are a ‘classic' system of rapid and dramatic morphological divergence highlighted by J. S. Huxley during the development of the Modern Synthesis. In the present study, we characterize these charismatic mice using modern molecular techniques, examining specimens from all Faroe islands occupied by mice. The aims were to classify the mice within the modern house mouse taxonomy (i.e. ...
- Jensen, Lasse F.; Hansen, Michael M.; Carlsson, Jens; Loeschcke, Volker; Mensberg, Karen-Lise D.
- Conservation genetics 2005 v.6 no.4 pp. 615-621
- Salmo trutta; gene flow; genetic variation; immigration; lakes; microsatellite repeats; models; pollution; population size; rivers; trout; variance; Denmark
- ... The spatial and temporal genetic structure of brown trout populations from three small tributaries of Lake Hald, Denmark, was studied using analysis of variation at eight microsatellite loci. From two of the populations temporal samples were available, separated by up to 13 years (3.7 generations). Significant genetic differentiation was observed among all samples, however, hierarchical analysis o ...