Jump to Main Content
- HANSEN, MICHAEL M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Freshwater biology 2008 v.53 no.8 pp. 1555-1566
- Salmo trutta; biodiversity; gene pool; genetic variation; hybrids; immigration; introgression; microsatellite repeats; mitochondrial DNA; rivers; trout; Balkans
- ... 1. The present study was designed to characterize the genetic structure of brown trout (Salmo trutta) populations from the southern Balkans and to assess the spread of non-native strains and their introgression into native trout gene pools. We analysed polymorphism at nine microsatellite loci in seven supposedly non-admixed and three stocked brown trout populations. 2. The analyses confirmed the a ...
- Hansen, Michael M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Conservation genetics 2005 v.6 no.4 pp. 615-621
- Salmo trutta; gene flow; genetic variation; immigration; lakes; microsatellite repeats; models; pollution; population size; rivers; trout; variance; Denmark
- ... The spatial and temporal genetic structure of brown trout populations from three small tributaries of Lake Hald, Denmark, was studied using analysis of variation at eight microsatellite loci. From two of the populations temporal samples were available, separated by up to 13 years (3.7 generations). Significant genetic differentiation was observed among all samples, however, hierarchical analysis o ...