Jump to Main Content
- Li, Kai Kai; Zhou, Xuelin; Wong, Hing Lok; Ng, Chun Fai; Fu, Wei Ming; Leung, Ping Chung; Peng, Guiyuan; Ko, Chun Hay
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2016 v.192 pp. 192-200
- Gleditsia sinensis, etc ; anti-inflammatory activity; necrosis; Gleditsia triacanthos; reactive oxygen species; prostaglandins; mechanism of action; dose response; macrophages; gene expression; messenger RNA; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; rats; antioxidant activity; nitric oxide; inflammation; interleukin-6; edema; prostaglandin synthase; Oriental traditional medicine; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Zao-Jiao-Ci (ZJC), as the spine of Chinese Honey locust (Gleditsia sinensis Lam.), is traditionally used as Chinese medicine to reduce inflammation.The present study aimed to investigate an anti-inflammatory effect of ZJC aqueous extract both in vitro and in vivo, as well as its underlying mechanisms.Anti-inflammatory effect of ZJC aqueous extract was evaluated by using carrageenan-induced paw ede ...
- Zhang, Li-Jun; Zhu, Jian-Yong; Sun, Meng-Yao; Song, Ya-Nan; Rahman, Khalid; Peng, Cheng; Zhang, Miao; Ye, Yu-Mei; Zhang, Hong
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2017 v.208 pp. 57-65
- Gleditsia sinensis, etc ; Escherichia coli; Euonymus alatus; Liliaceae; Oriental traditional medicine; Smilax china; Staphylococcus aureus; Streptococcus; Thlaspi arvense; Vaccaria hispanica subsp. hispanica; adults; animal models; anti-inflammatory activity; apoptosis; blood serum; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; gene expression; immunohistochemistry; inflammation; interleukin-10; interleukin-2; interleukin-6; messenger RNA; rats; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; tissues; transcription factor NF-kappa B; transforming growth factor beta 1; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; uterus; Show all 30 Subjects
- ... Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has become the focus of research for the treatment of chronic pelvic inflammatory disease (CPID) based on unique medical theory system. Man-Pen-Fang (MPF), a Chinese herbal compound, which is composed of Thlaspi arvense L. (Cruciferae), Gleditsia sinensis Lam. (Leguminosae), Smilax china L. (Liliaceae), Euonymus alatus (Thunb.) Sieb. (Celastraceae) and Vaccaria s ...
- Kim, Kyun Ha; Kwun, Min Jung; Han, Chang Woo; Ha, Ki-Tae; Choi, Jun-Yong; Joo, Myungsoo
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2014 v.14 no.1 pp. 402
- Gleditsia sinensis, etc ; Oriental traditional medicine; alternative medicine; animal models; bioluminescence; chest; cytokines; gene expression; genes; histology; image analysis; inflammation; lipopolysaccharides; lungs; mice; respiratory tract diseases; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; transcription factor NF-kappa B; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The fruit hull of Gleditsia sinensis (FGS) used in traditional Asian medicine was reported to have a preventive effect on lung inflammation in an acute lung injury (ALI) mouse model. Here, we explored FGS as a possible therapeutics against inflammatory lung diseases including ALI, and examined an underlying mechanism for the effect of FGS. METHODS: The decoction of FGS in water was pre ...
- PubMed Central: