Jump to Main Content
- Pérez-Ríos, Mónica, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental research 2018 v.164 pp. 340-345
- cross-sectional studies; inhalation exposure; nicotine; people; questionnaires; Spain
- ... Questionnaires are widely used to assess secondhand smoke (SHS) exposure. However, the validity of self-reported SHS exposure indicators has been rarely assessed. We aimed to assess correlations, sensitivity, specificity, and predictive values between self-reported SHS exposure indicators and airborne nicotine concentrations.We performed a cross-sectional study with a convenience sample of 175 hom ...
- Pérez-Ríos, Mónica, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Environmental Research 2014 v.133 pp. 1-3
- inhalation exposure; nicotine; questionnaires; Spain
- ... The aim was to assess the validity of self-reported exposure to second-hand smoke (SHS) in 50 hospitality venues of Madrid (Spain) in 2010, taking as a reference vapour-phase nicotine measured by active sampling. The questions posed in the questionnaire permitted distinguishing between the different levels of SHS. However, the moderate relationship found (Spearman׳s correlation=0.387, p<0.001) sug ...