Jump to Main Content
- Srivastava, Kumkum, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Parasitology research 2017 v.116 no.7 pp. 1849-1854
- Plasmodium falciparum; Plasmodium yoelii; antimalarials; discriminant analysis; inhibitory concentration 50; mice; parasitemia; prediction
- ... Present efforts have been made to establish a correlation between in vitro and in vivo antimalarial activity using MIC, IC₅₀ and IC₉₀ values against CQ-sensitive (3D7) and CQ-resistant (K1) strains of Plasmodium falciparum and in vivo activity against Plasmodium yoelii. The method of discriminant function analysis (DFA) was applied to analyze the data. It was observed that in vitro IC₉₀ values aga ...
- Srivastava, Kumkum, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.30 pp. 25584-25593
- Plasmodium falciparum; antimalarials; chemical interactions; drug therapy; heme; inhibitory concentration 50; malaria; moieties; propionic acid; quinoline
- ... New N-(7-chloroquinolinyl-4-aminoalkyl)arylsulfonamides were synthesized and tested in vitro against P. falciparum 3D7 and K1 strains and hemozoin formation. Compounds 16 and 17 showed promising antimalarial activity (IC₅₀ 3D7: 0.05 and 0.01 μM; K1: 0.41 and 0.36 μM) and exceedingly well inhibited hemozoin formation (IC₅₀, 3.23 and 2.40 μM). Considering hemozoin inhibition was due to the affinity ...