Jump to Main Content
- Espino-Solis, Gerardo Pavel, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Toxicon 2017
- Centruroides noxius; Crustacea; Tityus; chemokine CXCL10; humans; insects; interferon-alpha; interferon-gamma; interleukin-10; interleukin-13; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-2; interleukin-4; interleukin-5; interleukin-6; mononuclear leukocytes; neurotoxins; peptides; screening; secretion; synergism; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; venoms
- ... A cytokine screening on human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) stimulated with selected scorpion toxins (ScTx's) was performed in order to evaluate their effect on human immune cells. The ScTx's chosen for this report were three typical buthid scorpion venom peptides, one with lethal effects on mammals Centruroides suffussus suffusus toxin II (CssII), another, with lethal effects on inse ...
- Espino-Solís, Gerardo Pavel, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Research in veterinary science 2017 v.111 pp. 55-62
- Influenza A virus; antigens; avian influenza; biotechnology; chickens; cross reaction; dendritic cells; hemagglutinins; humans; insects; mice; monoclonal antibodies; precipitin tests; swine; vaccines
- ... It is widely known that targeting a variety of antigens to the DEC-205 receptor on dendritic cells (DCs) significantly potentiate immunity. This communication reports the development of a new murine monoclonal antibody (mAb) against the chicken DEC-205, using as immunogen the carbohydrate recognition domain-2 (CRD-2) heterologously expressed. This mAb recognizes a protein band of 250kDa by immunop ...