Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: yanxu?
- Jiang, Yanxue, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Parasitology research 2016 v.115 no.7 pp. 2899-2904
- Enterocytozoon; Nyctereutes procyonoides; Primates; birds; foxes; fur-bearing animals; gene flow; genetic markers; genetic variation; genotype; genotyping; hosts; humans; internal transcribed spacers; linkage disequilibrium; microsatellite repeats; parasites; phylogeny; population structure; surveys; China
- ... Enterocytozoon bieneusi is an obligate intracellular protozoan parasite that infects a wide range of mammal hosts and birds. Previous genotypic surveys were limited to measure the polymorphisms at the ribosomal internal transcribed spacer (ITS) that evolved slowly. Data on population structure are available only on E. bieneusi isolates from primates. This study explored the genotypic and phylogene ...
- Jiang, Yanxue, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Veterinary parasitology 2015 v.208 no.3-4 pp. 125-134
- Cryptosporidium; DNA; Enterocytozoon; Giardia lamblia; amino acid sequences; cats; cryptosporidiosis; dogs; feces; genes; genotype; genotyping; giardiasis; human diseases; humans; internal transcribed spacers; microsporidiosis; pets; phylogeny; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; triose-phosphate isomerase; wastewater; water pollution; China
- ... This study investigated 319 fecal specimens of cats (n=52) and dogs (n=267) from Heilongjiang province, China for the prevalence and genetic characteristics of Cryptosporidium, Enterocytozoon bieneusi, and Giardia duodenalis. PCR and DNA sequence analysis of the small subunit rRNA gene identified C. felis and C. parvum in one cat each (3.8%) and C. canis and C. ubiquitum in 6 dogs (2.2%). Polymorp ...