Jump to Main Content
- Lockhart, Brian Roy, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Annals of forest science 2013 v.70 no.8 pp. 813-823
- Quercus nigra; Quercus pagoda; hardwood forests; interspecific competition; intraspecific competition; trees; United States
- ... •CONTEXT : Understanding tree interactions requires an insight into their spatial distribution. •AIMS : We looked for presence and extent of tree intraspecific spatial point pattern (random, aggregated, or overdispersed) and interspecific spatial point pattern (independent, aggregated, or segregated). •METHODS : We established twelve 0.64-ha plots in natural bottomland hardwood stands in the south ...
- Lockhart, Brian Roy, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Southern journal of applied forestry 2008 v.32 no.3 pp. 120-129
- tree growth; Quercus; forest trees; afforestation; mixed stands; forest stands; alluvial plains; interspecific competition; stand management; lowland forests; stand structure; intraspecific competition; forest stand establishment; Mississippi River
- ... Oak (Quercus spp.) afforestation in the Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley has involved planting 1-year-old bareroot seedlings on a relatively wide spacing in single-species stands or planting light-seeded species with oaks to form mixed-species stands. In the former case, the developing single-species stands have limited future management options because they do not provide structures that favor q ...